Case Studies – Mad Dogs and Vintage Vans
Case Study – Mad Dogs and Vintage Vans
March 2016 – Mad Dogs was a client we took over as Webbees from the beginning. Mad Dogs and Vintage Vans are a glamping site offering nights stay in one of 5 different vintage caravans in the beautiful Wye Valley .
Strengths and Weaknesses
The website was created with a strong emphasis on design and look, it was therefore difficult to work with keywords. The pages are image heavy, however, the look of the website captures the visitors imagination which is essential for the business. In order to work out a goal to increase bookings, we needed to identify the number of visitors that were returning which meant that we needed to gather more data. The booking module is managed by an external website, which has made it trickier to collect data.
- We overcame data collection problem with our good communication skills and liaised to exchange documents with the external company in order to compare data.
- We used Yoast SEO plugin in their WordPress website to add extra meta data.
- We worked on creating their profile on Google and on number of different social media accounts. They have chosen not to work with some popular review sites as they feel they are not always very honest.
- With clients’ clear vision of where they wanted to be found online and by whom, we worked out a plan to make their website found by their target group.
- Mad Dogs and Vintage Vans found that inviting bloggers and journalists gives them very good and effective exposure.
- We are creating a budgeted traffic marketing campaign to fill up the ‘low season’ early in the year.
- We are in regular contact to discuss ongoing concerns and implement new ideas.
- We will continue to monitor that flow of traffic to create better menu’s and visitor experiences.
‘Vintage Glamping’ incognito search result with prominent Google Card